To this, only three modifications have since been made:
- Introduction of blind merged mining.
- Forcing deposits to select the sidechain-UTXO as an input, such that all of the sidechain’s money is always in a single UTXO.
- Lengthening the withdrawal period from a configurable “two weeks” to mandatory/standardized three months (13,150 ACKs), and removing the waiting period.
- Sidechain Governance via Miners.
- Drivechain OP Code, Sidechains vs Smart Contracts.
- Upgrading Smart Contracts to “Wise Contracts”.
Response to Criticism (re: “Miner Centralization”)
Overview and Misconceptions – January 2018
This is the best presentation to watch, if you can only watch one. It has all the facts and almost all of the “criticisms”.
Construct – January 2017
“Overview / Teaser / Demo”
Milan Presentation - October 2016 Sidechain Scaling
“Better Strategy Can Improve TX-Throughput, Even if it Can’t Improve TX-Physics”
Risk Analysis – September 2016
- The Docile Miner
- Bandwidth Paradox
- Eq. Tx Fees in an Unconstrained Future
- Orphaning and Conclusions
Sidechain Privatization – May 2016
- “Smart Contract Ecology”
- “Why it isn’t bad, that miners can rob a sidechain”.
- Intro, Problem, and Outline
- When Contracts Attack - Oracles
- When Contracts Attack II - Stealing Bitcoin
- The Benefits of Running Any Program (are Nonexistant)
- Why do we allow Contracts to “Censor” our “Freedom”?